Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Starter solenoid connector search

Old 01-02-2023 | 06:22 PM
JK Newbie

Default Starter solenoid connector search

I noticed that the yellow insulated wire with connector to the starter solenoid was burnt at the end. The insulation looked charred at the end. I plan to replace the starter but have not found any results for the starter solenoid connector for the 2010 JK. The closest I can find is the mopar repair kit MOPAR 05102407AA, but can't seem to verify that it is the right connector. I am not sure if I can rework the end of the wire in the connector I have or if it has failed somehow. I will take a closer look when I replace the starter. Has anyone else had this issue and replaced the connector or spliced the wire when replacing the starter?
Old 01-03-2023 | 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I figured it out, that kit does look correct Mopar Connection Repair Kit (dcctools.com). So much for my poor forum search skills, and better google search skills. I am surprised no one else had this issue with the connector. Sometimes I feel like the last one still driving the Jeep 3.8L, I even had a tough time finding an OEM starter new or refurbished.
Old 01-04-2023 | 03:53 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Welcome to JKF.. Good group on the forum, AND Congrats on your success on finding the Mopar Connection Repair Kit..

Quick Reply: Starter solenoid connector search