Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stalled in Water Won't Start

Old 03-06-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll post what I always post in these threads:
If you want to play in water, buy a snorkel.

We get flash floods all the time down here and my snorkel has protected my Jeep many, many times. The design of the stock air intake is flawed/stupid. A $350 snorkel can save you a lot of headaches when the water gets unexpectedly deep.

I wish you the best of luck with your claim.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Phoenix also....everybody laughs at my Snorkel and asks me why I have it....this is why.

How many miles on the Jeep?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PhxRainey
I live in Phoenix also....everybody laughs at my Snorkel and asks me why I have it....this is why. How many miles on the Jeep?
they ask because they are ignorant. They hear the word "snorkel" and think water. Phoenix makes perfect sense for a snorkel. Pull clean air from high up as opposed to sucking in dust near the ground. Ever watch the Dakar rally in Africa? Most have snorkels to avoid sucking in dust and sand. That's the problem today. People don't think beyond the absolute obvious. They are stuck inside the box. It's just too bad we can't padlock them in there.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepstin12
they ask because they are ignorant. They hear the word "snorkel" and think water. Phoenix makes perfect sense for a snorkel. Pull clean air from high up as opposed to sucking in dust near the ground. Ever watch the Dakar rally in Africa? Most have snorkels to avoid sucking in dust and sand. That's the problem today. People don't think beyond the absolute obvious. They are stuck inside the box. It's just too bad we can't padlock them in there.
How much will two feet help with dust? Especially with ram air intake I can't imagine it would be too much better. Is there any data on this or just snorkel marketing?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by cormac827
How much will two feet help with dust? Especially with ram air intake I can't imagine it would be too much better. Is there any data on this or just snorkel marketing?
ever ride in a caravan of jeeps on dusty roads? its not marketing...it helps
Old 03-06-2014, 07:40 PM
JK Junkie

http://www.arb.com.au/getting-starte...0part%20II.php

As I said, not just for water.

Quick Reply: Stalled in Water Won't Start