Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stainless steel Mesh grille

Old 11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The one thing I really like about the one piece custom grilles some members here have fabricated or the Metalcrafters grille is that they are plenty strong. No chance of anything poking through it and taking out your radiator.

Old 11-07-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/QUOTE]

NICE RIG,really like the chrome insert
Old 12-07-2008, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made a grille insert using stamped aluminum with a hexagonal honey comb pattern:

If you are interested in doing this yourself, I added a write-up for it :

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/grille-mesh-insert-new-method-64142/
Old 12-08-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]I also made my own, out of ss gutter mesh. Came out very nice and clean. It was about $20.00. It is on my prject JK pics.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad I found this thread. Only 2200 miles on my '08 and this happened. I really can't believe it's not leaking. If flattened/bent/broke the blades you see down to the core. I guess the flattening of the blades saved the core from being punctured. Now I am nervous to even drive on the highway!.

I want a nice long term fix. The Metalcrafters looks like the best out there, but holy cow, $289 (price fixed everywhere)!!!!

Mr. Grille looks like a nice alternative at only $85.

The gutter mod just isn't my thing. Now that I have had this happened my confidence is weakened and I want perfection. So I guess that is why I like that the Metalcrafters actually uses your grill's existing mounting holes, so no way no how is it going anywhere. I am just having a hard time accepting the $289 price tag. Anyone seen the Metalcrafters cheaper?

Quick Reply: Stainless steel Mesh grille