Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stainless Cat Back Dynomax Exhaust System for 105 shipped?

Old 05-08-2012, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine on today, fit perfect with no leaks, it was on in 20 mins flat, the hardest part is taking the old stock pos off. Dynomax sounds great too.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Xtreme545
Got mine on today, fit perfect with no leaks, it was on in 20 mins flat, the hardest part is taking the old stock pos off. Dynomax sounds great too.
You do anything special with the instal? Use any other clamps? Use impact wrench?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fishmd

You do anything special with the instal? Use any other clamps? Use impact wrench?
I had an impact
Old 05-09-2012, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well started my install today and I am NOT happy First like everyone said you can not tighten it enough to be secured , I might be able to fix that, second it is crooked, right pipe is lower than left and third the clamp to hold the chrome tailpipe on BROKE .
Sorry for the rant.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phottomatt
Well started my install today and I am NOT happy First like everyone said you can not tighten it enough to be secured , I might be able to fix that, second it is crooked, right pipe is lower than left and third the clamp to hold the chrome tailpipe on BROKE .
Sorry for the rant.

Call the tech line at 734-384-7806.
Let them know about the clamp that broke.
Also the exhaust pipe is a bit lower to allow condensation to escape. Since this is a welded muffler we don't want water being built up inside.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dynomax

Call the tech line at 734-384-7806.
Let them know about the clamp that broke.
Also the exhaust pipe is a bit lower to allow condensation to escape. Since this is a welded muffler we don't want water being built up inside.
Thanks, I called, very nice guy, he gave me a couple tips on what to do and I got it on good and tight now. He was also more than willing to send out a new clamp but I decided to waite to see if I could figure something else out. I used the band clamp from the main on the tip and used a regular muffler clamp on the main pipe. BTW I took it for a nice ride, WOW that's awesome I love it, tho its louder than I thought.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Phottomatt
Thanks, I called, very nice guy, he gave me a couple tips on what to do and I got it on good and tight now. He was also more than willing to send out a new clamp but I decided to waite to see if I could figure something else out. I used the band clamp from the main on the tip and used a regular muffler clamp on the main pipe. BTW I took it for a nice ride, WOW that's awesome I love it, tho its louder than I thought.

Good to hear! On a scale of 1-10 of "loudness" what would you give it personally?
Old 05-09-2012, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

As far as how loud I would want my jeep, an 8. If it was a V8 street rod about a 3.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Since a bunch of you all purchased the 39516 evolution exhaust I'll post in here. Are you all experiencing any droning in the cab, say at interstate speeds?
Old 05-21-2012, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by J1nx93
Since a bunch of you all purchased the 39516 evolution exhaust I'll post in here. Are you all experiencing any droning in the cab, say at interstate speeds?
Well mine was the 39510 (dual exhaust) its going back tomorrow because of the drone at highway speeds, can't talk to each other over the sound it's so loud. I know its a different model but I can't imagine that the single would be any quieter.

Quick Reply: Stainless Cat Back Dynomax Exhaust System for 105 shipped?