Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stainless Cat Back Dynomax Exhaust System for 105 shipped?

Old 06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the 39510 on my '12 jk and the clamps they sent are junk.. I broke two of them but I put the spacers from the stock exhaust in the new clamp am it seemed to tighten up... I also put another clamp on it just for extra pressure and it doesn't have much of a drone at all... I have heard guys talking about the drone they get out of a few different aftermarket exhausts for jeeps and I think a lot of it has to do with the clamps coming loose and the sound escaping
Old 06-06-2012, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by taank13
took advantage of the amazon pricing and dynomax promotion and purchased the 39510. Went on without an issue, right side is slightly lower as most have been saying. Sound on acceleration is about as expected and what I was looking for but the drone is god awful between about 2000-2500rpm when letting off the gas or just coasting along in that range. Those who have returned with the dynomax 90-day guarantee how much of a pain was that? Did do you have to pay the return shipping? Any more info regarding this would be appreciated thanks guys!
If you got it from Amazon, just return it to them. Free return shipping and you will get all your money back. Done and done. I did it twice with this system before I totally gave up on it. First one I had I could not get a good seal and I was not happy with the right side hanging lower than the left. Second one I got actually was cut too short on the inlet pipe. Really bizarre. Only had about 1 to 1.5 inches of overlap with the Dynomax and the OE pipe, which was not sufficient enough for the band clamp.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received and installed mine today. Install was cake; the hardest part was trying to adjust it so that the sag on the right was not so prevalent. It's about a quarter inch lower on the passenger side. It's a little quieter than I thought it would be, I hope with some age it will settle in to a deep growl. I'm probably going to get the tips welded before they disappear.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Dynomax.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	326905  
Old 06-08-2012, 06:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great!
Just let that right side sag a bit, you want to get the condensation out, since it is a welded unit and not "spun".

Originally Posted by imacb278
Received and installed mine today. Install was cake; the hardest part was trying to adjust it so that the sag on the right was not so prevalent. It's about a quarter inch lower on the passenger side. It's a little quieter than I thought it would be, I hope with some age it will settle in to a deep growl. I'm probably going to get the tips welded before they disappear.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ordered mine today!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:41 AM
JK Newbie

any sound clip?
Please, I wanna hear it before I buy. There is one sound clip in youtube and here but I can't hear anything!!
Old 06-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ahmad
any sound clip?
Please, I wanna hear it before I buy. There is one sound clip in youtube and here but I can't hear anything!!
PM me your e-mail address and I can send you a clip.
Thanks!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Came in today. Installed and sounds great! Word of caution......DO NOT use a 1/2" drive to tighten the clamps, they will snap the bolts :(. Guess I don't need the tips on right now anyway
Old 06-15-2012, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

My nine year old thinks it sounds like a monster truck
Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Firecracker
My nine year old thinks it sounds like a monster truck
Can you please include a sound clip.

Quick Reply: Stainless Cat Back Dynomax Exhaust System for 105 shipped?