Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stacking coil spacers?

Old 06-11-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by -MAW-
like saying how much does air weigh?

About 0.075 lbs. per cubic foot, Caculated using the ideal gas law: PV=nRT. Assuming the T=68F (528R) and P=1atm with the MW of air approx. 28.8 lb/lb-mole. The gas constant R, using these units is 0.7302. Rearranging the formula to give: mass = MW*(PV/RT)

Old 06-12-2008, 02:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KnuckleHead
Umm...technically you can stack spacers, but I don't recommend it and I don't know how many people would. I mean on the street I can assume you will be alright, but once you go offroading and begin to articulate, or take a sharp turn on the road, I don't doubt one of those spaces popping our or at least shifting over.

I wouldn't do it. If you really want more height than just spend the cash and do the OME lift or something. But stacking spacers isn't secure.
How the crap so you figure a front spacer, on TOP of the spring, is going to "pop out or shift over"? There is a bump stop tube that is about 8" long keeping it in place. The rear is a different story, but Teraflex has various height spacers available, as do other manufacturers.

Originally Posted by Stretch
If your worried about them moving around, weld them together.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:56 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Renegade
How the crap so you figure a front spacer, on TOP of the spring, is going to "pop out or shift over"? There is a bump stop tube that is about 8" long keeping it in place. The rear is a different story, but Teraflex has various height spacers available, as do other manufacturers.

Weld the pucks???

I have to agree, i think if your spacers "pop" out, you seriously have larger issues to be concerned with... Like for instance...

... where did your spring go?

There are a LOT of people on here who tossed on 3/4" or 1" extra pucks up front to level out the rake from adding bumpers/winches. If you want to be really technical, All the BB/puck lifts are stacking. Remember the rubber isolator...? so what's the difference? None as far as I know.

To the best of my recollection, I have never heard of, or seen one single issue with doing so. I have a set of 3/4" leveling pucks in my garage awaiting installation. When i get some time someday I'll throw them on without a second thought...

...weld the spacers... man that was funny! Thank you for the morning laugh

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 06-12-2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stretch
If your worried about them moving around, weld them together.
lol...I have a feeling you're thinking of a body lift rather than a budget boost.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone....now I feel more comfortable doing it. I'll order em when I get home tonight.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:50 PM
JK Junkie

Stacking coil spacers is not advisable and not a good practice, but it will work to a degree. How long and how well it will work depends on how you drive your Jeep. If you have long long shocks, disconnect the sway bar and flex your suspension to the limit then you are likely to encounter a problem when you least want it. If you rarely flex the suspension or drive only on the road you probably will not have problems.

It's like mounting a 35-37" spare on stock spare carrier. It will work for a while, but your mileage may vary.
Old 04-03-2010, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

You'll be fine, terraflex even sells their leveling kit with 2 1" spacers stacked on each side.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Those who say this won't work or that it will shift or that they will fall out if your susp droops are WRONG!

I ran stacked spacers and crawl'd the hell out of 'em.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shredX
Those who say this won't work or that it will shift or that they will fall out if your susp droops are WRONG!

I ran stacked spacers and crawl'd the hell out of 'em.
Exactly. Read the Teraflex 2.5 BB installation instructions... Spacers stacked, front and rear.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:37 PM
JK Junkie

The TF spacers are designed to be stacked and they provide a limited amount of lift.

It is not "best practice" to stack spacers to 3"+, particularly from different manufacturers. I believe that is what most object to.

Quick Reply: Stacking coil spacers?