Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stabilizer suggestions to minimize tire tracking and steering pull

Old 04-12-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put on the JKS front lower control arms and was really impressed with them. They are a little more money but they are works of art. The threads are internal so there is no jam nut to worry about coming loose. One end rotates to help with articulation so bushings are not distorted with flex. The best price I found was from http://seriousoffroadparts.com and they include free shipping.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Are there much difference between the JKS control arms and the Teraflex adjustable control arms that come with some of their kits? I'm thinking about going with the TF 3" kit that comes with the full set of control arms. Are either the TF or JKS arms better than the other? I'm sure that there are some personal preferences but I'm curious as to if there are any performance benefits to one over the other.
Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Teraflex have jam nuts which means they do not flex or pivot with the axle. Since the axle has to pivot and the arms do not the bushings get compressed and limit the axle articulation. Additionally you have to check the jam nuts on a regular basis to ensure they do not work loose. When the suspension flexes on one side or the other the jam nuts can loosen so you should check them on a regular basis. JKS arms also have a grease zert so they can be greased where they pivot. Look at the jksmfg.com site.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mediocre69
Teraflex have jam nuts which means they do not flex or pivot with the axle. Since the axle has to pivot and the arms do not the bushings get compressed and limit the axle articulation. Additionally you have to check the jam nuts on a regular basis to ensure they do not work loose. When the suspension flexes on one side or the other the jam nuts can loosen so you should check them on a regular basis. JKS arms also have a grease zert so they can be greased where they pivot. Look at the jksmfg.com site.
Good info. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like I'll take a harder look at the JKS arms then.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mediocre69
just a FYI, but the TF control arms have grease fittings too. Checking them regularly is a great idea, but with close to 20k miles on mine. The jam nuts have never loosened on mine. I do however like the idea of the pivoting ability of the JKS. I don't honestly know if it makes that much of a difference though. My jk seems to flex like no bodies business. If I had to do it all over. I'd go with Evo's control arms. They are ajustable without having to be removed. It's pretty awesome, especially for someone who really wants to dial in there caster with ease. Good luck either way you go.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:00 AM
JK Newbie

I can tell you what not to do. Dont take it to 4 wheel parts and ask for them to fix the problem.

Quick Reply: Stabilizer suggestions to minimize tire tracking and steering pull