Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SRC Rock Guards vs XRC Rock Sliders

Old 03-31-2014, 07:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRC Rock Guards vs XRC Rock Sliders

Let me just start off by saying ill rarely be doing any hardcore rock crawling with my Jeep, mostly just normal off-roading and trail riding..

Ive been trying to find something that i can use to replace the seemingly useless steps that came on my Sahara JKU. they're too close for me to actually use as a step, and are so far out that i usually just rub my leg all over them when getting in and out which is always a pain...

I was reading a lot of reviews about the SRC Guards saying that they are crap and bend a lot when on the heavier 4Dr wranglers, i was just wondering if any of you guys have some first hand experience with them or can tel me if its true. I love the low profile look they have when mounted, but just dont want to be wasting my money on something im just going to want to replace if they end up doing more harm then good. Plus! the $340 price tag is always good

on the other hand.... The XRC sliders are another option ive come to enjoy the look of, anyone with experience with those too? Smittybilt says that they are stronger too which is always a plus.. and they are a little more pricey..well a lot more at $500, but i can always save up.

Long story short i want some armor on my rig and i was hoping you guys could help me pick what would be the best option for my type of jeepin'
Old 03-31-2014, 07:55 PM
JK Junkie

Any of those Chinese brands will bend, they're made more for looks than function. The issue with running a much stronger rail is that you'll contact the tub with the rail if you hit it hard enough.

Based on my multiple experiences with the lower quality products, I've resigned from purchasing them anymore. Searching around on the brands in general will yIeld results of how grand they are and how they'll hold up to a young child on a tricycle T-boning the jeep. A deeper search will reveal buyer's remorse and often poor build quality.

While you may not be out on the rocks, I'm sure you can appreciate a rock guard that will deflect the force of someone hitting your vehicle.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

I run SRC side armor rails and love them. When the doors are off they are great for using as a foot rest, especially on the trail.

I was playing on some rocks out in the desert a couple weeks ago and came down pretty good on one and scraped hard getting out... No bends or dents...

The price is good and well worth it IMO...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2239745961.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	542346  

Quick Reply: SRC Rock Guards vs XRC Rock Sliders