Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Squeeking?

Old 05-10-2010, 03:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good stuff
Old 05-10-2010, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good deal dude!!

haha yea thats weird why they wouldnt open it up to start, thats why i was trying to tell u how to do it urself, but hey $51 is not bad at all, just glad it wasnt major.

alot of people forget about ebrakes on a disk system, they still need maintainence too
Old 05-11-2010, 05:38 PM
-

Yup, and what's more... I GOT A E-BRAKE since my drivewayis inclined, I don't have to release the brakes slowly on park to prevent damaging the tranny... Full maintenance of the rear end for that price

Now that I have seen how it is in there, I won't mind opening them myself, only the technicien told me to release the spring by the hole before pulling on the drum cause you don't want the pads to come out with it.... and re-adjust them slowly after since they are touchy and will rub easily...
Old 05-11-2010, 08:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Five-O JK
It's that damn rear seat! It's the springs in the cushion! Seriously!
Not mine. I don't run a rear seat. I have a 2 door with the carpet stripped out and the rear seat in storage.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I had this issue and found that both rear axles were bent the right about .0040 and the left about .0005 but the squeek is fixed.
I use my jeep but I do not abuse my Jeep. I had the exact problem described in the first post, they check the run out on the rotors while on the lift to find the issue. I could see the right rotor and wheel moving, the caliper moved as well.
I was able to get them both replaced today.
I carry extra set of factory shafts so it was not a huge deal, just glad we finally found the cause.

Glad to hear that yours was just the E-BRAKE, since that would have been easier.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Newbie

Default re

had a squeek for almost 2 mo. replaced front brakes, still had it. replaced rear brakes, the brakes were not worn, noticed a little metal spacer missing that lets the brake pad slide in and out missing, replaced and squeeking stopped. i heard that they're noted for wearing and falling out while moving.

Quick Reply: Squeeking?