Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Squeaky Hard Top

Old 11-27-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by garrettuecker
Unfortunately due to sub-zero temperatures in my area I had to put the hard top on. The two panels in the front are constantly squeaking and making all sorts of noise as soon as I get moving. Is there any was to get it to stop? I've tightened the two screws as tight as I can get it
As the cold weather sets in, and people start putting the hard tops back on, this becomes a common problem. After trying all the previous "fixes", with no luck, I finally found the source of the noise. I did a quick write-up a couple of years ago on how I fixed it and the problem never returned. You can modify the solution to your taste but the photos give you an idea where to look for the problem....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...panels-121694/

Quick Reply: Squeaky Hard Top