Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Squeaking question

Old 04-01-2012, 09:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaking question

Hey jeep experts sorry to bore you with another squeaking noise question but this one is a little different. After putting a BB on my jku there has been a LOUD squeaking noise in the rear of my jeep. I took it to the shop that did the lift and it turns out that the noise is coming from the rear track bar bushings. Apparently the new ones are made from a poly material an the old ones were rubber. They said they could put in older rubber ones (for a charge) and that "might" help the problem. Are there any write ups on this subject or any products that can eliminate the noise? Any help would be great.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bump need help
Old 04-01-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Spray some WD40 or PB Blaster on the bushing to see if it is the source.

I wouldn't put rubber in, especially if you wheel alot. rubber doesn't hold up as well as the poly bushings.
Old 04-01-2012, 06:31 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If that is truly the problem then reinstall the bushing with some lithium grease on it. That kept all the poly bushings on a lifted TJ that I had silent.

Quick Reply: Squeaking question