Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sprintex Supercharged - Automatic Transmission Surge

Old 10-16-2017, 10:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sprintex Supercharged - Automatic Transmission Surge

I have a 2016 Unlimited Rubicon with a Sprintex Supercharger, automatic transmission, 37's and a 3.5" lift. When I'm driving on the highway and I press a little more on the throttle, the Jeep seems to surge. This usually occurs around the 2.5-3k rpm range, right where the green ECO line on the tach stops. Also, when it's in this rpm range and it's surging, the ECO lights comes on and off with the surge. It's worse when I'm in 5th gear but it's done it in other gears as well. I can turn and set the cruise on and it will stop the surging. The Jeep is tuned with a Diabosport handheld tuner and the tire size have been calibrated. I have also used the AEV tire calibration tool that plugs into the OBDII that came with the lift.

Any thoughts on why it's surging? The Jeep runs fine other than this annoyance.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get in touch with Jon at RPMExtreme. He has the low down on the tunes for Sprintex Superchargers.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4wheels4life
Get in touch with Jon at RPMExtreme. He has the low down on the tunes for Sprintex Superchargers.
Thank you. I will get in touch with him.

Quick Reply: Sprintex Supercharged - Automatic Transmission Surge