Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6

Old 07-30-2020, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixty4x4
Matt - you may want to think LT engine and try and get the 8 spd. Magic tranny for Jeeps. LS engines are getting long in the tooth and hard to find good low mileage units. Good low mileage units are plentiful on Craiglist in Texas. Where I found mine.

So I never really thought about this option but it makes sense. Do you know the weight difference between the two? Is it enough to be make a difference? I but you can find an LT1 cheaper than the LS3 as well.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 471 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Harper
So I never really thought about this option but it makes sense. Do you know the weight difference between the two? Is it enough to be make a difference? I but you can find an LT1 cheaper than the LS3 as well.
i would be careful about how much HP you upgrade to due to diffs being able to take the power. I replaced a 3.8 and manual and the total weight gain was about 70-80lbs. I use a 5.3 on 4.10 gears and to give you a feel for power it can accelerate from about 26-70mph in less than 5-6 seconds. Thats with 8 spd auto. Stay away from 6 speed simply because the 8 has more closer ratio gears. Same 1/8 ratio but all different in the middle. Make sure you get all accessories as you use them and add Jeep ps pump, get the harness and the ECM and the TCM for 8 or 10 spd. Keep as many vapour and fuel lines as tou can back to first joint.

Quick Reply: Sprintex 3.6 vs RIPP 3.6