Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SprintBooster Installed!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JP Magazine

Quote:
"Which led us to two suspicions. One was that gas mileage would decrease. It stands to reason that performance is better, so we must be using more gas, right? After a couple of tanks of fuel, we can report no decrease in fuel economy. A pleasant surprise."
Old 02-24-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by largo
Where do you purchase and what kind of money are we talking about for a better response?
I know Dave at Northridge has them for $299 w/ free shipping, and I personally picked mine up from the Quadratec rep here on the forum for a fantastic price and free shipping.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
So you are saying the sprint booster is like a stackable powerchip programmer that can be combined with Superchips? What kind of gains are you seeing with them both combined?
Yes, they work together. Quite well, in fact. And as for gains, it basically completely negated the sluggishness my JK had from adding several hundred pounds in aftermarket bumpers, skids, bigger tires, etc.

I was also skeptical at first, especially for the price. However, every single review I read about them was positive. I couldn't find anything bad said toward them. That's what made me order. That, and I figured if I didn't like it, I could always return it or pass it on to anyone else who was interested. With that said though...I'm keeping mine!
Old 02-24-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Yes, they work together. Quite well, in fact. And as for gains, it basically completely negated the sluggishness my JK had from adding several hundred pounds in aftermarket bumpers, skids, bigger tires, etc.

I was also skeptical at first, especially for the price. However, every single review I read about them was positive. I couldn't find anything bad said toward them. That's what made me order. That, and I figured if I didn't like it, I could always return it or pass it on to anyone else who was interested. With that said though...I'm keeping mine!
Sweet, good to hear, are you still running stock gears with your bigger tires? If you still have stock gears...feel you still need to re-gear with the bigger tires & added weight?
Old 02-24-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Sweet, good to hear, are you still running stock gears with your bigger tires? If you still have stock gears...feel you still need to re-gear with the bigger tires & added weight?
Yes, I'm running the stock 4.10 gears, and don't really feel the need to upgrade any time soon, even when I go to 35's.

But then again...I'm running a manual tranny too. If you've got the 3.21's or 3.73's, and are planning on going to 35's or bigger any time soon, a regear might actually be a better option.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4

X2... Mine arrived from Northridge in two days to the East Coast and it's the best price around.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Gears dollar for dollar are always the best upgrade and should be the first upgrade if you are going higher than 33's. Flashpaq is an amazing tool for your Jeep and I think everyone should have one even if they only use it for the 100 other things it does besides throttle response and tuning. Sprint Booster does not give you hp just throttle response. As David told me when I bought mine and was described to him, It gives you 50 hp 1500 rpm sooner. Ideally (and most expensively) you should be running a properly geared JK with a flashpaq complimented by the Sprint Booster. While running your Sprint Booster, initially MPG's will suffer! You will be so happily surprised by the Sprint Booster you will spend the first 1000 miles enjoying your Jeep's new found get up and go a little more than maybe you should...
Old 02-24-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4
Dont knock it before you try it.

David
Oh I wasn't knocking it as I've heard good things for sure. I just really don't feel the need at this time to put out another $300 when the flashpaq has made me extremely happy. If and when I go with 35s it may be something to think about......along with gears.

Oh and btw.......what actually is the procedure when running both? Do you have to reprogram the Flashpaq after the booster is installed. Or do you just leave the flaspaq tune you have, add on the booster and it's done? How do you pair the two?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am waiting on price to come down.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Oh and btw.......what actually is the procedure when running both? Do you have to reprogram the Flashpaq after the booster is installed. Or do you just leave the flaspaq tune you have, add on the booster and it's done? How do you pair the two?
No reprogramming the Flashpaq needed. They run independently from each other. It's just a plug-and-play with the Sprintbooster. Took me less than a minute to install (after waiting the initial 5 minutes with the door open, per the instructions) and was ready to go right away. Can't say enough good things about it.

Quick Reply: SprintBooster Installed!