Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SprintBooster Installed!

Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile SprintBooster Installed!

I just finished installing a SprintBooster on my 2010 JK auto. Holy crap, what a difference, it works better than I expected! My biggest gripe with the JK was the lack of throttle response. The drive by wire system leaves much to be desired, but the SprintBooster solved everything I hated about driving my Jeep. If you think your JK is sluggish or unresponsive I suggest giving it a try. It won't make it any faster but the throttle will be a much more responsive to any input. The throttle feels crisp and the driving experience is completely different. Money well spent in my book, I highly recommend it to anyone who feels disappointed by the throttle response of their JK.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Luke M
I just finished installing a SprintBooster on my 2010 JK auto. Holy crap, what a difference, it works better than I expected! My biggest gripe with the JK was the lack of throttle response. The drive by wire system leaves much to be desired, but the SprintBooster solved everything I hated about driving my Jeep. If you think your JK is sluggish or unresponsive I suggest giving it a try. It won't make it any faster but the throttle will be a much more responsive to any input. The throttle feels crisp and the driving experience is completely different. Money well spent in my book, I highly recommend it to anyone who feels disappointed by the throttle response of their JK.
X2 Luke... been running my Sprintbooster for a week now and love the immediate pedal/throttle response It should respond like that from the factory.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Jedi

I'll stick with my Flashpaq....
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm curious how it effects gas mileage, as I have read all it really does is amplify/boost the electronic signal. If this is the same as "stomping on it" all the time, I would suspect gas mileage will take a big hit. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

If not, then yes, it would solve one of my biggest nags about the Jeep.

G
Old 02-24-2011, 07:40 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dont knock it before you try it.

David
Old 02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Grant_T
I'm curious how it effects gas mileage, as I have read all it really does is amplify/boost the electronic signal. If this is the same as "stomping on it" all the time, I would suspect gas mileage will take a big hit. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

If not, then yes, it would solve one of my biggest nags about the Jeep.

G
In all honesty I find myself driving the Jeep just as I have previously, without the SprintBooster. A person who is passenger in my Jeep wouldn't feel a difference. If you're light on the pedal I doubt you'll see a decline in gas mileage. All that this does is get rid of the delay between pedal push and engine feedback. Merging on the highway leaves me so much more confident, before I would push the gas pedal 1/2 way down and feel no response. It is truly a pleasure to drive and feels much more like my mechanically controlled throttle. Who knew a little chip could make so much difference. They should come from the factory with the "green" setting, the "red" setting is a bit to much for me. My biggest gripe was the install, yes it was easy, but you have to be a member of Cirque Du Soleil in order to contort your way under the dash and stick your arm under there to unplug the harness and plug in the SprintBooster.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
Originally Posted by Northridge4x4

David
I agree with Dave - don't knock it till you've tried it. I just installed mine last week (I have a Flashpaq too) and it's great! I run my Flashpaq on the 91 tune (can't find 93 gas around here) and liked it as an upgrade from stock, but when paired with the Sprint Booster, it was like something finally lit a fire under my Jeep! Totally different now - much better, and highly recommended.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Freak

Where do you purchase and what kind of money are we talking about for a better response?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.northridge4x4.com/search....act&nobox=true
Old 02-24-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Northridge4x4

David
Wouldn't this be the same as the superchips where you have 3 levels of throttle response in the advanced tunes option? What is the big difference between the superchips and sprint booster?

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
I agree with Dave - don't knock it till you've tried it. I just installed mine last week (I have a Flashpaq too) and it's great! I run my Flashpaq on the 91 tune (can't find 93 gas around here) and liked it as an upgrade from stock, but when paired with the Sprint Booster, it was like something finally lit a fire under my Jeep! Totally different now - much better, and highly recommended.
So you are saying the sprint booster is like a stackable powerchip programmer that can be combined with Superchips? What kind of gains are you seeing with them both combined?

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 02-24-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Quick Reply: SprintBooster Installed!