Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Springs: Rancho vs OEM

Old Yesterday | 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Default Springs: Rancho vs OEM

I have a 2017 JKU Sport (17/59 springs) with about 87k miles that needs new shocks. I was thinking of adding new springs also in preparation for new bumpers and a winch down the road. I have a new set of 006/009 springs that I was going to pair with Rancho RS5000X shocks, however I see Rancho makes a full kit (RS66119BR5) that would do the same thing. I'd appreciate your thoughts, opinions, experiences on which springs would be better, the Rancho's or 006/009's as far as quality, durability, sagging, etc.. Besides bumpers and a winch, the only other upgrade would be adding 255/80/17's next time I need tires (up from the 255/75/17's I have now). That's it. Not looking to do anything crazy.
Thanks in advance.
Old Yesterday | 03:37 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Welcome to the Forum Don't personally know crap about Rancho and those numbers. Adding the extra weight changing to springs with a higher rate would be appropriate.
Old Yesterday | 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jay2013jk
Welcome to the Forum Don't personally know crap about Rancho and those numbers. Adding the extra weight changing to springs with a higher rate would be appropriate.
Sorry, big assumption on my part. The Rancho kit is a leveling kit that advertises 2” lift in front and 3/4” in the rear and includes the 5000x shocks. I’m basic curious if aftermarket (Rancho) springs are better quality than the OEM Mopar Hard Rock/Rubicon/10th Anniversary springs.

Quick Reply: Springs: Rancho vs OEM