Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Springs off-set after lift..LCAs didnt fix....?

Old 10-27-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07BLUEJK
Do you still have the jeep jacked up in the pics. The springs look extended. Put the tires on and lower the jeep. The bump stop should be closer to center. When the jeep is jacked up the axel shifts back and to the side due to the control arms and track bar.
Nope that is on the ground and after bouncing the front end around with all the CAs lose before torqin them down.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bnizzle
Nope that is on the ground and after bouncing the front end around with all the CAs lose before torqin them down.
Sure looks like it is on a lift to me. You can see the hoist arms still on the frame, the shocks are out all the way, and the swaybar is way down......

In that position, it looks right.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will take a new pic with new LCAs on it today and post up tonight. there was a slight change with new LCAs but not much.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Cpt. Flapjack
Sure looks like it is on a lift to me. You can see the hoist arms still on the frame, the shocks are out all the way, and the swaybar is way down......

In that position, it looks right.

This is what I was thinking and why I asked if i was on the ground or not, the new picks might help in understanding what's up with the axle not being in the proper spot there's only a few things that can make it be off and by going through them one by one you'll def figure out what needs to be addressed.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea the only thing i can think of is to rock the rest of the Adj Control arms and should get every thing squared away. 4wd has a smoken deal for holloween so going to jump on that and should fix it up...and a bit more flex win win!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty sure you need to adjust your trackbar to recenter your axel..... Your swaybar links wouldn't look like that otherwise I don't think... And as others have said, I'm surprised that's on the ground.

Quick Reply: Springs off-set after lift..LCAs didnt fix....?