Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Springs with least sag

Old 02-16-2012, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs with least sag

Hello all, I'm noticing a bit more sag in my lift after adding all my goodies to my jeep, and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for springs that are less likely to sag as much. I'm running the rancho sport 4" springs now...looking for something beefy to hold up to this hefty rig.

Thanks!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:56 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

so that you know, installing springs that won't sag will also be springs that provide a harsh ride. depending on how much sag you are seeing due to the weight of your mods, i might recommend installing spacers to help compensate for it instead.

another option would be to install a set of these:

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those airbags are a decent idea, but that seems a bit overkill. You could just get a set of 1/2" or 3/4" spacers. After talking to the Rancho rep, thats pretty much the most cost effective way to deal with it.

That being said, when I get down to the lower 48 i'm going to have a set of springs made.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:13 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Blakspire
Those airbags are a decent idea, but that seems a bit overkill. You could just get a set of 1/2" or 3/4" spacers. After talking to the Rancho rep, thats pretty much the most cost effective way to deal with it.

That being said, when I get down to the lower 48 i'm going to have a set of springs made.
well, spacer is what i did recommend first and what i would personally go with. the air bags do work though and they are cheap.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blakspire

How/where are you getting springs made??? This interests me.

And WOL, I know it'll cause a harsher ride, but it's not too big of a deal-breaker for me. The air-springs look like a nifty idea, just wondering how long they'll hold up.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:19 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by c-mack
And WOL, I know it'll cause a harsher ride, but it's not too big of a deal-breaker for me. The air-springs look like a nifty idea, just wondering how long they'll hold up.
i ran them for a period of time and they never failed me.

if you're okay with a harsher ride, i would recommend getting a set of OME HD coils. i ran a set and they definitely hold up well under the added weight.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:22 AM
JK Freak

Maybe look into getting full traction springs. I have them on my 3in kit and they hardly droop. I also have steel bumpers tail gate and other nifty mods
Old 02-16-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife

i ran them for a period of time and they never failed me.

if you're okay with a harsher ride, i would recommend getting a set of OME HD coils. i ran a set and they definitely hold up well under the added weight.
Awesome. Thanks WOL!
Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Try Rock Krawler or OME HD springs. They will ride nice and handle the weight.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

I would try the spacer route first. I did a 3/4" on mine after installing a winch and bumper and it kept it level and still rides good

Quick Reply: Springs with least sag