Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Springs

Old 06-24-2014, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Springs

Hello All!

So I have the AEV 2.0 spacer lift and put on a winch and winch plate on my 13 JKU Sahara. I am having a good amount of sag now. I don't need a massive lift for what I enjoy, trail riding and camping, but I want the sag gone. Would a set of new springs from TeraFlex work just fine? I don't want to run into geometry problems by adding them because TeraFlex's site states a 1.5" lift.

I plan on getting the MBRP roof rack soon, and am always weighted down when we travel. Should I get springs for all 4 corners now? Will it affect daily drive when I don't have gear onboard or before I put the roof rack on?

Thoughts!?!?

Thanks,

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1962568771.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	561745  
Old 06-24-2014, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

What spring rating do
You currently have?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You can replace the stock springs with stronger factory springs. The springs you use would be from a Jeep with a factory weight heavier than yours. The last two numbers in a factory spring part number is the carrying capacity of the spring. Bigger number supports more weight.

But that is factory weight. When a Jeep gets bumpers, a winch, armor, tools, etc, etc, then no factory spring is strong enough in my opinion.

When Terraflex or Old Man Emu says a spring gives an inch of lift, they are talking about a factory weight Jeep. If you add enough weight to drop an inch and then use a 1" lift spring, you come out at the factory ride height - give or take a little.

For a Jeep that is supposed to stay at factory height, these 'low-rise" springs are way better than adding a spacer to compensate for extra weight.
Old 06-25-2014, 08:23 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You could run some of our 1.5" Triple Rate Fronts that would meet your needs!

RK
Old 06-25-2014, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
You could run some of our 1.5" Triple Rate Fronts that would meet your needs!

RK
+1 - I love the level stance and ride of my RK 1.5 triple rates on my 14 JKU. I experienced similar sag on my ride before the upgrade from my spacer lift. I went with all 4 springs. I have since added sliders with a rear bumper upgrade planned. The RK's are designed to give you an honest 1.5" with a fully armored JKU, so they should work well for for travel needs.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Freewill
You can replace the stock springs with stronger factory springs. The springs you use would be from a Jeep with a factory weight heavier than yours. The last two numbers in a factory spring part number is the carrying capacity of the spring. Bigger number supports more weight. But that is factory weight. When a Jeep gets bumpers, a winch, armor, tools, etc, etc, then no factory spring is strong enough in my opinion. When Terraflex or Old Man Emu says a spring gives an inch of lift, they are talking about a factory weight Jeep. If you add enough weight to drop an inch and then use a 1" lift spring, you come out at the factory ride height - give or take a little. For a Jeep that is supposed to stay at factory height, these 'low-rise" springs are way better than adding a spacer to compensate for extra weight.
Thanks for the information. I was worried that I would still net the whole 1.5" even with the added weight!

Thanks for the input and information all as well.

Now the decision.... TF, OME, or RK.

Quick Reply: Springs