Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spring upgrade options.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring upgrade options.

Not sure what companies we can and can not name on here, so if I'm wrong please correct me.

I currently have a PC 4" stage 2 on my JKU. Either I got springs for a 2dr or the springs aren't as "hard" as previous lifts. I'd like to upgrade to something stiffer that can put up with the weight. Now, is it possible to instal 6" coil springs, knowing they will compress, but give the "true" 4 inch lift?
Old 10-12-2012, 03:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Anyone have any insight? I'm just looking to compensate for the amount of weight from extras.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've heard good things about EVO coils. Personally I'm running 2" OME medium coils and my rig is sitting at 2.5/3". I'd suggest calling Dave at northridge 4x4 he's a wealth of knowledge and can probably recommend a good coil for the height you are looking. Plus over 100 bucks means free shipping!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:21 PM
JK Super Freak

The problem I have is with the height of the Jeep. With a 4" super-lift, I had no rub issues. With the springs on the procomp stage 2 4", My rear wheels rub the OEM Rubicon rock rails when I have two people in the front seats. When I wheel they really rub. My quick fix plan was to plasma cut the rails.

I still think the issue is with tired springs. I though if I put on 6" springs, it would give me the leveled weight, unless new 4" springs would do the trick.

Anyone have advice on stiffer springs?

Quick Reply: Spring upgrade options.