Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spring Upgrade?

Old 08-03-2016, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with 3" synergy, heard nothing but good things. That's what I'm getting to replace my RK 2.5's in the future.

Last edited by burton50x; 08-03-2016 at 05:57 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I really do wonder about rk quality control. My buddy and I essentially have identical 4 doors both 14's both have same equipment for the most part same rear bumpers both Toyo 35's on similar weight rims similar armour si our jeeps weigh within 100 lbs of each other Both run 3.5" triple rates in the rear and 2.5" up front our fronts are lifted exactly the same his back is 1.5" taller. We both are using the rk coil wedges. Mine have been on 8 months longer.
Originally Posted by Monte417
Yeah unfortunately this is what I was referring to. Theres a guy on here chuck the ripper I think it was who had this same issue. He posted a pic of the stance of his jeep and the problem was pretty visible. From what he describes he wheels his shit pretty regularly. A guy that was in my group last year also had this issue with his rk springs. For the guys that dont leave the pavement im sure these springs meet their needs just fine and dont have these issues. RK is a great company and their springs clearly have great road manners. They also advertise these springs as racing springs but clearly something is missing for these springs to just break down and sag. I hope they get the issue resolved. In the meantime to stay on topic of this thread I would explore other manufacturers for springs but thats just me. Good luck to the op and let us know what you go with these choices are always a PIA with so many quality manufacturers out there now
Hmm, just saw what you guys are talking about in the RK thread. Did they ever make it right? Chucks rig had crazy lean on going on, and they kept mentioning the coils would droop under weight (no shit). They seemed to dodge commenting on the issue.

Sucks, I just got these new springs after hearing all the hype. Hoping they hold up as well as they ride...

Quick Reply: Spring Upgrade?