Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

spring sagging

Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spring sagging

Now I know I read somewhere about JK's sagging on the passenger side but I can't seem to find a clear answer in my search as to why this happens or if this is common. My rear passenger coil appears to be sagging quite a bit and I don't have a full tank of gas or anything heavy on that side that would cause it to lean. I also have rear upper and lower spring retainers keeping them in place. I just noticed this about a week ago and I haven't wheeled in a long while.

Anyone know if this is a common JK thing or why it might be happening? I have OME coils for a heavy load.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MOKOS
Now I know I read somewhere about JK's sagging on the passenger side but I can't seem to find a clear answer in my search as to why this happens or if this is common. My rear passenger coil appears to be sagging quite a bit and I don't have a full tank of gas or anything heavy on that side that would cause it to lean. I also have rear upper and lower spring retainers keeping them in place. I just noticed this about a week ago and I haven't wheeled in a long while.

Anyone know if this is a common JK thing or why it might be happening? I have OME coils for a heavy load.
I have always heard it's common, I know mine does it. I always attributed it to the gas tank but truly haven't really checked if it does it when I am low on gas or not. If it bothers you, you can get adjustable sway bar connectors (for lack of a better description) and adjust that side out enough to raise it to level.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine leans to the left as well....

Seriously, I think it also has to do with the fuel tank.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
JK Junkie

nice pic Mike...real helpful...lol....

a few threads on this....

The JK gangster lean...very common...mine does it too....and mine is not stock at all....IMO the fuel tank, plus the tire carrier weight and door is all on the right side, contributing to the dreaded gangster lean...it doesn't bother me really, as it isnt too bad....
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 AM
JK Newbie

Mine does it as well. I tech told me it could be b/c of fuel tank weight and repetitive torque caused by acceleration from a stop. That seems to make sense to me. I ended up swapping my rear springs around so the left one wouldn't be jealous. :-P
Old 01-25-2011, 08:08 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MOKOS

the JK lean is totally common and something we all have. you can help correct this by installing a set of adjustable sway links and setting the passenger side one a bit longer.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mckenzm
Mine does it as well. I tech told me it could be b/c of fuel tank weight and repetitive torque caused by acceleration from a stop. That seems to make sense to me. I ended up swapping my rear springs around so the left one wouldn't be jealous. :-P
that's a good idea!

Quick Reply: spring sagging