Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spring sag lift upgrade questions (please)

Old 12-31-2013, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish there was a master chart for coils and there expectations. Which run true, flex best, best on road, best off road, etc. I assume there are to many variances in us and application to get accurate anyway. At least I would know what to expect before purchasing and buy one that best suits my needs.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You seem to be experiencing first hand what i have also see on other rigs. Personally i think currie/synergy /metal cloak/rock krawler/jks coils will be much better. Depending on shocks that's were you need to look at there extended coil length. Mc are longest then synergy then rk based on ones ive seen. Not sure on curries lengths or jks. Coils dont give you more flex, but need to be long enough to handle the travel you have. Try and get progressive or dual rate or the new triple rates when you know youll be adding weight to your jeep as you have.

There design may have been changed but personally i wouldn't want to gamble.
Old 12-31-2013, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default My Problem

This sounds like something I encountered. I would hit a bump in the road and the Jeep would start moving side to side... almost felt like I was about to lose control. Made for a white knuckle ride... hand cramps! It happened mostly at higher speeds, especially on highway bridges with bumps. Even worse was an up/down wave in the road... I'd hit that and the wave would continue through the Jeep. It was so bad traction control was activating.

If this is close to your issue... it was bump steer for me. I had bad steering geometry. I flipped the drag link, but did not do the relocation bracket at the exact same time. I was told by a manufacturer that control arms would not correct the problem (not sure if this was right). But once I got the geometry right... jeep was super solid.

One more opinion. I put a 2.5" lift on and regretted it within a year. This has been a theme for me. If I pick something on the cheaper side of upgrades (price range), it seems like I outgrow it quickly. I went to 4" and never looked back.

Quick Reply: Spring sag lift upgrade questions (please)