Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spring Sag?

Old 02-28-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Sag?

I have a 2008 JKUS. I recently installed an AEV BB. While it did give some boost in the front, it seems to have accomplished little with the rear.
Is it possible that at 6 years old with 85k on it that the springs have become fatigued?
I have seen many posts of people selling springs from 13 and JKs. I was wondering if I would likely see any benefit from replacing mine with newer TO should I look aftermarket?

Thanks!!!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 2008 did the same thing after bumper install. So I added some coil spacers 1.75" daystar inexpensive fix. But in the long run I ended up doing RK 2.5" lift and king shocks
Old 03-01-2014, 02:02 AM
JK Newbie

I already have the AEV 2" spacers installed... I know part of the problem is that my Jeep is heavy. Have a hard to on it plus the Garvin Adventure rack. And I always seem to carry too much stuff. I'm trying to figure out if newer stock springs will help me or do I need to look aftermarket...
Thanks
Old 03-01-2014, 03:32 AM
JK Freak

You could try the takeoff springs, but you'd have the same issue.
My suggestion would be look at RK's 1.5" triple rate springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2014, 03:42 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

With my 2.5" TF lift, I had sag on the rear when the hardtop was on and equipped for an expedition run. Swapped rear springs for OME HD springs and it leveled it right up. Top off or soft top and I must swap the rear springs back to TF. About a 20-30 minute add of time to hardtop swap.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

When you use the OME springs, did you leave the spacers in place or were the springs themselves sufficient?
Old 03-01-2014, 11:10 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by markresc
When you use the OME springs, did you leave the spacers in place or were the springs themselves sufficient?
Never used coil spacers once I installed a coil lift (had a BB, but that was six years ago). I do, however, have the RK correction wedges on the rear (add about 1/2").

Quick Reply: Spring Sag?