Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spring Install

Old 04-19-2012, 01:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring Install

Hi, I just got my 19/60 springs delivered, my Bilstein shocks are still on back order.
Could I replace my existing 14/55 while using the shocks that came with my 2012 2dr sport? Or would the springs be too much for the shocks?
Old 04-19-2012, 01:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should be fine as the springs shouldnt be much longer, they are just stiffer than the ones you have now.
Only thing is you have to remove stock shocks to get the springs out, so youre gunna have to remove the shocks again a second time
Old 04-19-2012, 02:05 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I guess I'll wait then....you saved me doing it twice
Old 04-19-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are longer springs, you only have to take the bottom bolt out of shocks to drop axle enough. Your ride will be harsh, as your stock shocks will be almost extended all the way....I would wait if I did it again

Quick Reply: Spring Install