Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spring bow

Old 05-04-2010, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spring bow

ok, so I installed some OME 4" Hd springs about a month ago. They seem to be bowing a little. Is this normal. I just noticed this today since I jerked my front bumper off.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

after a second look, it seems as though my springs are seated a little off center, but they still seem to be seated correctly. On both sides the spring is sitting in the groove that the spring is suppose to sit in, but it is almost resting right against the bump stop.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JasonTCFD
after a second look, it seems as though my springs are seated a little off center, but they still seem to be seated correctly. On both sides the spring is sitting in the groove that the spring is suppose to sit in, but it is almost resting right against the bump stop.

Hey can you post some pics of your rig? specifically the bowing and how the coils are seated.

That will probably help diagnose the issue.

Off the top of my head, apart from the coil not being seated, your axle may have shifted or you may have too short of sway bar links in the front.

There are some threads on this. Here's one on OME specifically to get you started - OME Spring Bow
Old 05-06-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Freak

Stop picking up FAT chicks Sorry could not resist. Hijack over

Quick Reply: Spring bow