Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

spray can liners in jeep tub??

Old 05-12-2012, 07:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO

Oh man that looks great!!! I will look it up once i get home thanks!
I would definitely remove the sound deadening material as well. I have a friend who left it on and sprayed over the top and it doesn't look as professional. Also, if you have ever flooded your jeep it can trap water I the material. I know this because one of my sections came up really easily because it had just rained and I had a leak in my roof and the floor board was soaked. After that I soaked all of my floor boards for a day and was able to get that stuff up a hell of a lot easier. Let me know if you have any other questions. I don't mind helping. You can pm if needed.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks alot thats why i love the forum!!! I will look at it later tonight i have a 4 door so it would be more than a to door or will it still be about 120?
Old 05-12-2012, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Thanks alot thats why i love the forum!!! I will look at it later tonight i have a 4 door so it would be more than a to door or will it still be about 120?
After a couple different jeeps, we learned two things:
1) depending on the color of your jeep - white vs black - it takes different amount of material to cover everything up
2) depending on how course you want your finish will also dictate how many bottles you need. You can change the output PSI on your compressor higher or lower depending on how course/fine you want it. The more course you make it, the more product you use.

We were able to do a green four door in a fine finish with 4 bottles. The next was a white 4 door with a course finish and we could have used 5 bottles. We had another kit that was being used on another jeep later, so we went overboard and used 6 on the white one. When I did mine, I used 6. That was definitely overkill, but thats how many bottles I had left after we did my buddies jeep. I know there is a way to buy extra bottles of liner but you would have to look it up. We just bought three kits for two jeeps and split the cost. I would say you could do it with a medium finish with 5 bottles. The kit does come with enough hardener to do one extra bottle, so dont worry about that. I would say if you wanted to do 6, you would need another bottle of hardener.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default link to a good thread

Here is the thread that I learned a lot from

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-w...-liner-145214/
Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Stillnutz
Here they are.
Nice job... I'm jealous.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome job
Old 05-13-2012, 03:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by just JK'n
Raptor liner. Love the way it came out. Strong as hell
X2 mine turned out great as well

Quick Reply: spray can liners in jeep tub??