Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spray on bedliner

Old 06-01-2012, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Spray on bedliner

Hey folks! So I pulled the trigger and bedlined my grille the other day using Duplicolor spray on bed liner. Problem is, I think I didn't allow sufficient dry time between coats - I tend to underestimate how humid it is here in San Diego, being from Phoenix and all :P

Anyhow, this stuff might still end up drying sufficiently, you never know - but on the chance that it doesn't, what's the best option for me? Will paint thinner get this stuff off so I can give it another shot?

Also, even if it does dry, a bee somehow got into my garage and got stuck in the paint while it was drying. Getting him out left a weird blemish so regardless, I think I need to make a second attempt.

Thoughts? Gracias!

P.s. The black bedlined grille on a silver body is just as awesome as it looks in the pictures.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:39 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

it'll dry and once it does, try to smooth out the blemished patch with a razor and then spray on another coat.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First of all I don't see any pictures.
Second you should be ok. Let it dry completely now to see if the entirety of it looks ok or if there is a problem.
For the blemish just lightly sand the affected area with maybe 1000 grit or higher sand paper. Do not go completely through the paint though. Spray that area with new paint blending into whats already painted. Should be good to go.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I messed mine up by spraying too heavy. Next morning I used about 2 spray cans of the best paint stripper lowes had and used pressure washer. Took about 3-4 steps to get it all off and it stripped to bare plastic lol, thru orange paint... Ur call... Spot Sanding and touching up is def easier option before going thru what I did
Old 06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hard to rate awesomeness with lack of pictures...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
JK Freak

I did the same thing with my front bumper. I put several light coats on over the course of two days. It looked down right aweful. then after letting it set for two days in the sun it turned out great.

Quick Reply: Spray on bedliner