Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sport Cage Question - 2 Door's only

Old 07-27-2011, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sport Cage Question - 2 Door's only

Thread is for 2 door JK's with an aftermarket sport cage from Rock Hard or River Raider. I'm looking at installing one but want to know if it interferes with raising or lowering the soft top. Does the rear section on the 2 door cage get in the way and cause extra steps with the soft top? I put the top up/down frequently by my self and I'm concerned how theses cages stick out and probably get in the way when lifting the top. Look at picture below. Also, does the River Raider cage interfere with backseat passenger headroom? None of this is an issue with how 4 door cages are configured.

Rock Hard Cage
[IMG][/IMG]

River Raider
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-28-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you checked out Poison Spyder Customs new sport cage. It looks like a good set up and it doesn't go together with the big clamps like some of the other ones. Just a thought!!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Man I love that River Raider cage!
Old 07-28-2011, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

SWEET... The green roll caged Jeep is mine.

I have the Rock Hard cage. I like the fact that it is all bolt on, no welding involved which means you can take it apart if you need to pull the dash or other parts later on. I am 6'1 and the cage does not affect my headroom in the back seat. The soft top takes a few extra seconds to put up/take down because the rear bar gets into the way of one of the soft top bows. All that you'll need to do is disconnect one of the bow arms from the mount behind each front seat. It is a pain if you still have the factory screws in the arms, but it takes only seconds with the bestop quick disconnects.

The cage does not interfear with the hardtop at all. If you powdercoat/paint the cage a wild color, many more people notice it and like it. Mine's neon green and I carried the color through the interior. At first glance it is either "huh?" or "wow!". But it would look boring if all that green was the body color Red Rock Crystal.

Let me know if you need any other pics or advice. Unfortunatley I just put the hardtop on, so I can't show you how the softtop bow hits the rear bar while raising/lowering.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snl7271
Have you checked out Poison Spyder Customs new sport cage. It looks like a good set up and it doesn't go together with the big clamps like some of the other ones. Just a thought!!
I like the design of the Poison Sypder cage but looks like they only make the front cage so nothing for the backseats

Quick Reply: Sport Cage Question - 2 Door's only