Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spod, worth it?

Old 12-11-2014, 08:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Switch pros said MAYBE by the end of February they will start shipping. I don't think i can wait that long :/
Old 12-11-2014, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

Switch pros said MAYBE by the end of February they will start shipping. I don't think i can wait that long :/

I think i may change it to spod. I already have all my lights and my gobi ranger rack comes tomorrow 😁
Old 12-11-2014, 09:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah i ordered the SPOD and installed it already. Thing is nice.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:22 PM
ade
JK Enthusiast

Been using an sPOD for a few month now. Nice system though expensive.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:44 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad
We sell a LOT of sPODs and have never had a single customer service issue. I can't imagine what must have happened for someone to say something bad about John and Cinde. They are a small family owned business that makes an American made product and they have always been more than willing to help with anything that we ever needed.

That being said, I've run the sPOD in all of my Jeeps and it is usually the first modification I make when starting a new build. They make wiring a breeze and they look clean and cool in the Jeep too.

We have a coupon code for you guys here at JK-Forum for 10% off and free shipping too. It is the best deal around and we offer it all year round. The code is JKFSPODME if you're interested.

Let me know if you have any questions about them as well. Happy to help either way!

Marcus

One more thing to consider is the "repair-ability" of these devices, when I hear solid state switching I hear "FET's" instead of relays It's far easier to blowup a FET (Field Effect Transistor)than a relay from too much current draw or a short circuit. I met John while @ SEMA this year, my money's on sPOD for service and made in the states Note: in many cases FET's are the way to go but when it comes to the layman replacing a relay is doable, sourcing and then soldering a FET not quite so much
Old 12-12-2014, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

New sPod coming 1st quarter 2015, if you want one it may be worth holding off.

Got this from them on Facebook.

We released the first video of a series that describes our system. We have made many changes since the video release.
Note:
8 circuits rated at 30 amps each!
Self healing circuit protection ( no fuses required. )
Full dimming features for each circuit ( yes, even LEDs)
Will also have a new fully programmable touch screen controller.
Bluetooth 4.0 LE High Power wireless controller.
We include everything required for installation for vehicle specific applications.
Voltage feedback from battery. Temperature feedback. Momentary options for each switch.
Strobe features.
Two circuits have ignition on options. Two circuits have headlight high beam on features.
Still 100% made in the USA.
Remember that each circuit is rated at 30 amps!!
Our system is the only system on the market that has this capability. We still have our heavy duty 16 position terminal block witch makes attaching accessories a breeze
Old 12-12-2014, 09:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JCDriller

We released the first video of a series that describes our system. We have made many changes since the video release.
Note:
We include everything required for installation for vehicle specific applications.
Voltage feedback from battery. Temperature feedback. Momentary options for each switch.
Strobe features.
Two circuits have ignition on options. Two circuits have headlight high beam on features.
Our system is the only system on the market that has this capability. We still have our heavy duty 16 position terminal block witch makes attaching accessories a breeze

Yes but whats the $$$$$$
Old 12-12-2014, 09:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Yes but whats the $$$$$$
Don't know, I know it'll be more, but they can't get too crazy especially now that they have some competition. I'm guessing 100-150 more, but that's an uneducated guess.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Don't know, I know it'll be more, but they can't get too crazy especially now that they have some competition. I'm guessing 100-150 more, but that's an uneducated guess.

I know SPOD will stand by their stuff which is why i went ahead and installed mine vs waiting for this one. Plus i dont want to spend more money on it.
Old 12-13-2014, 01:28 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Note:
Strobe features.
That's a nice list of improvement. I suspect that they got those eight switches to fit by removing the gauge hole option, which is too bad. At least I hope they aren't changing the switch style, because would hate to not be able to use the OTRATTW switches.

Quick Reply: Spod, worth it?