Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spod, worth it?

Old 11-29-2014, 02:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with the switch pro they are selling them on Just jeep gear. Thanks for all the advice. 8 is better then 6 and i found a good spot to mount the switch panel.
Old 11-29-2014, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by extra_medium_eric
I went with the switch pro they are selling them on Just jeep gear. Thanks for all the advice. 8 is better then 6 and i found a good spot to mount the switch panel.
Im having a hard time trying to figure out how you are going to connect the accessories to this kit like the SPOD would ? Mine sharing where you will be installing yours ?

Last edited by mhockey9090; 11-29-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 11-29-2014, 04:20 PM
JK Freak

Did you pre-order? I was on their list for first buy and haven't been contacted yet (from switch pros themselves)

Currently I am actually leaning towards sPOD for its OEM look.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:39 PM
JK Newbie

No list that i know of. I got it through JJG. I hope theres no waiting.
Old 11-29-2014, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

No list that i know of. I got it through JJG. I hope theres no waiting.
You might want to check on Monday. Thursday before thanksgiving they told me they would be available in January.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad
We sell a LOT of sPODs and have never had a single customer service issue. I can't imagine what must have happened for someone to say something bad about John and Cinde. They are a small family owned business that makes an American made product and they have always been more than willing to help with anything that we ever needed.

That being said, I've run the sPOD in all of my Jeeps and it is usually the first modification I make when starting a new build. They make wiring a breeze and they look clean and cool in the Jeep too.
I've had no issues with them, and they would be the first place I'd look should I replace my jeep. I can't remember now if it was the first or 2nd mod I did when I bought my 2012. But my roommate hasn't had the same luck. Has an issue with his (I forget what exactly), but he wasn't too impressed with their customer service (no response to emails).

Last edited by Septu; 11-30-2014 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Very interested in pictures and a write-up of this install. Please do share.
Old 11-30-2014, 05:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's what she said!! Lol
Old 12-02-2014, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spicoli
Did you pre-order? I was on their list for first buy and haven't been contacted yet (from switch pros themselves)

Currently I am actually leaning towards sPOD for its OEM look.

I am leaning towards the SPOD as i can see exactly how things are going to be wired and yes that OEM look with the switch panel over the rear view mirror. BUT I am interested/curious as to how the heck you are supposed to wire stuff to the switch pros? Anyone have any idea. I really want one of these 2 products and im getting even more inpatient with waiting to see this switch pro system as my ARB twin air compressor will be here tomorrow.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:33 PM
JK Freak

With the ARB twin compressor and switch pros you would still have to use a relay etc and just use the switch pro to activate it. I think they made a mistake making it just a few amps shy of being able to control the ARB twin. This is one of the big reasons I have now decided to go with the sPOD. I would have been willing to wait a few months but I have a feeling in a year switch pros will have a new version that can handle the ARB twin and there might be some nice covers to make the switches look sweet. I'm not willing to wait that long. This is just my opinion. Plus if you look at a sPOD it is nice quality. Doesn't seem anything special online but when I got mine and held it in my hands I was surprised at how nice it was. I'm also not a big fan of having the newest and greatest thing. I like to let the dust settle and let products work out the bugs before I buy them. I don't like being the guinea pig for some company just so I can be the first on the block with the new toy.

I think either way you can't go wrong. IMO switch pros will make a decent splash and then in a year or two sPOD is going to need to drop their prices significantly or come out with something better to compete.

Last edited by spicoli; 12-02-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Spod, worth it?