Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spod, worth it?

Old 11-25-2014, 05:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was about to pull the trigger on the s pod, until I saw that SWITCH PRO... and read some REAL bad thing about Spod customer service...
IMO.. the switch pro is a better unit, plus 2 extra switches over the Spod... and its a cheaper!... S pods usually 499 + if you want BT interaction...

When it comes down to it.. DO what YOU want to your rig.. but do your homework before you jump into any purchase as we all know they can get pricey, and WHY would you want to do a mod or upgrade TWICE...
Old 11-25-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090

Wonder where people are going to mounts these. Now im considering this over the SPOD. MORE MONEY hahaha
Yeah, sPOD is nice because it gives a factory look to the install, especially when you add OTRATTW.com switch toggles and wire them into the dash dimmer control. It is limited on total current (50 amps) and not waterproof, though. Not sure what the excitement at SEMA was over the newest offering. There have been similar, generic install options from other manufacturers for years.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Yeah, sPOD is nice because it gives a factory look to the install, especially when you add OTRATTW.com switch toggles and wire them into the dash dimmer control. It is limited on total current (50 amps) and not waterproof, though. Not sure what the excitement at SEMA was over the newest offering. There have been similar, generic install options from other manufacturers for years.
This was introduced at SEMA this year....

Switch Pros - Home
Old 11-25-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

You guys need to follow John the Spod Guy on Instagram - apparently that's where he posts the coolest stuff. He recently put up a video of a soon to be released touch screen SPOD. John's customer service has always been second to none and that's why I'll always run an SPOD. I don't know who this new company is, but at the end of the day I think all their product is going to do is force SPOD to offer something that blows them out of the water.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

My problem with the sPod I recently bought is it's a money pit!!! Hmmmm, what can I hook up to that switch? Ohhh I need those lights too! Dang, another empty switch...better buy some more lights...right?! HEHEHE Love mine!
Old 11-25-2014, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Have you seen the Daystar switch pod? One for the lower dash and also the driver pillar. About $40 for a Blem on Amazon.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Valkyrie0002
Have you seen the Daystar switch pod? One for the lower dash and also the driver pillar. About $40 for a Blem on Amazon.
and then add:

wire
fuses
main circuit breaker
relay holders
relays
terminal strips
underhood box
terminals
switches
run-down protection device
time to put it all together

You're comparing Apples to a Hammer.
Old 11-25-2014, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alexwblackJK
When it comes down to it.. DO what YOU want to your rig.. but do your homework before you jump into any purchase as we all know they can get pricey, and WHY would you want to do a mod or upgrade TWICE...
Yeah with black friday coming around and unsure of the exact route that i want to go i might just buy the compressor as that wont change.

Originally Posted by etl330
You guys need to follow John the Spod Guy on Instagram - apparently that's where he posts the coolest stuff. He recently put up a video of a soon to be released touch screen SPOD. John's customer service has always been second to none and that's why I'll always run an SPOD. I don't know who this new company is, but at the end of the day I think all their product is going to do is force SPOD to offer something that blows them out of the water.
Will have to check that out. But with the Swith pro being cheaper and already has BT built it makes the decision easier.

Originally Posted by Valkyrie0002
Wayyyyyy too much work for my electrical knowledge and motivation to do such a task
Old 11-25-2014, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by etl330
I don't know about that... he has a lady working there and I was looking at just getting the switch gauge itself and she never even got back to me. Had to follow up a couple times over the course of a few months as I would forget about it each time.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

^^^agree w Vladimer^^^ My experience with sPOD is they aren't the most customer service based company. But that wouldn't stop me from buying their product. It's pricey but solid quality unit and a lot of people use it and there is great support of it on these forums.

Quick Reply: Spod, worth it?