Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SPOD Wiring Questions

Old 07-02-2014, 04:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPOD Wiring Questions

I recently purchased a SPOD for my 08 JK 2DR. I understand that each accessories wiring is cut before the fuses and power wiring, but I also read that at times you will have to lengthen the wiring of the accessory. I was wondering what gauge wiring to use from the accessory and what size butt splice connectors to use. Currently I will be doing this for a pair of KC Daylighters on my windshield, and my Rigid Dually fog lights. Thanks again everyone - Anthony
Old 07-02-2014, 04:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onecrazyfuq
I recently purchased a SPOD for my 08 JK 2DR. I understand that each accessories wiring is cut before the fuses and power wiring, but I also read that at times you will have to lengthen the wiring of the accessory. I was wondering what gauge wiring to use from the accessory and what size butt splice connectors to use. Currently I will be doing this for a pair of KC Daylighters on my windshield, and my Rigid Dually fog lights. Thanks again everyone - Anthony
You can use 14 guage wire for this. I solder and heat shrink my connections but that is my avionics background. If you use butt connectors use 14 guage and try to get the ones that make a water proof seal.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:53 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You can just match the size wiring that is on there already as long as your not running some crazy long length.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by v8zracer260z
You can use 14 guage wire for this. I solder and heat shrink my connections but that is my avionics background. If you use butt connectors use 14 guage and try to get the ones that make a water proof seal.
^This by a long shot.

Quick Reply: SPOD Wiring Questions