Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Splash Guards - Thoughts, Pics?

Old 02-21-2007, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Splash Guards - Thoughts, Pics?

sick of the mud/salt/shxt spraying up on the sides after i drive one block...i have the rubi unlimited, and so I dont have running boards (dont want them either), so looking at the Mopar splash guards online (with their awesome website consisting of no pics)...thanks guys.

Do i need 4, or would just the front wheels done look ok?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hated the mud splashing up on the sides as well so I got the Jeep mud flaps, they seem ok and do a good job but they hand awfully low and now I am worried about tearing them off when wheeling. I guess it is a trade off that you will have to consider yourself. I only got them for the front because I did not care if the mud splashed up behind me.

Not the best picture but you can see the mud flaps on the front.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dougr5150
I hated the mud splashing up on the sides as well so I got the Jeep mud flaps, they seem ok and do a good job but they hand awfully low and now I am worried about tearing them off when wheeling. I guess it is a trade off that you will have to consider yourself. I only got them for the front because I did not care if the mud splashed up behind me.
If you ever decide to get the off-road bumpers, the mud flaps will have to go!
Old 02-22-2007, 03:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dougr5150

Not the best picture but you can see the mud flaps on the front.

thx! i appreciate the pic
Old 02-22-2007, 04:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a follow-up to the answer I gave you on the other forum.

For serious off road use, they are not practical, but for street or in my case beach use, they are fine. As for front only, I had bought both sets, installed only the front and had good look at it and did not like the view, on went the back ones.

I my opinion, it's like leaving your house on a sunny, warm day and putting on only one shoe, sure, you may not need any, but how does it look.

Just my 2 c.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:18 AM
JK Newbie

I made these up out of some aluminum I had laying around. I have the mopar tubular side steps though and used the screw that holds the front cap on as a mounting point.

Last edited by chvynova; 02-22-2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I know your question is about the mud flaps, but--

I ended up adding the side steps for this purpose, knowing that when I go off road I'll be removing them.

For the winters up here, the side steps do an awesome job of deflecting road sludge, so I'm happy. Plus, their style goes very well with the stock JK fenders & bumpers.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks guys. i just ordered both front and back, though ill install only the fronts first and see how they look without the rear ones on...im still waiting for my mopar $50 you get when you purchase new....i like how that takes forever apparently...

Last edited by PeterBateman; 02-22-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

I find with the factory side steps on their is almost no road grim thrown up on the side of my Jeep. It all goes under the steps.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

See the link for the front mud flaps on my Rubi. It's an unlimited, and looks fine with just the front flaps. There isn't really much of a need for flaps in the back. There's not much aft of the rear tires to protect...

http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.php?photo=762

Tom
Bryson City, NC

Quick Reply: Splash Guards - Thoughts, Pics?