Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spidertrax Wheel Spacer Safety

Old 09-28-2013, 08:47 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dahmer
Yes a agree that is a good part. This is however the part I'm referring to from the 2.5 lift. It seems unsafe.
That is a rear trackbar drop bracket. It works fine. There are no reported failures. It doesn't affect your steering system.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planman

That is a rear trackbar drop bracket. It works fine. There are no reported failures. It doesn't affect your steering system.
OK cool that makes me feel better about TF. I would like to say that I spoke with rough country several months ago, since my jeep had several of there parts on it and I had questions and concerns. They agreed that they did have problems in the past. But being a forum sponsor they listened to complaints and redesigned the entire suspension. They now have axle mount track bar bracket. They don't even sell a frame mount any more. They have a new spring vendor and a new shock vendor. The only thing they haven't adressed is the drop pitman arm. Also they said they were taking QC very seriously now to eliminate problems in the future. Sometimes a vendors past will always haunt them but since they are a forum sponsor we can at least respect that they and others like them keep us running. Sorry didn't mean to change the subject, but it does involve one of the vendors mentioned.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:22 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran them for years on my 08 JK. Never had a problem. Loctite and torqued properly. I had to remove them to do my brakes and they were fine.

Quick Reply: Spidertrax Wheel Spacer Safety