Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spidertrax wheel spacer question

Old 08-15-2012, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spidertrax wheel spacer question

Anyone out there have to replace a broken wheel stud in one of these spacers? Anyone know the size of these spacers?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe they are the same size as your factory studs. Just punch the stud out and take it to an auto parts store.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by akieft
Anyone out there have to replace a broken wheel stud in one of these spacers? Anyone know the size of these spacers?

Thanks for the help.
Are you asking for the size of the spacers as in width? They make them in 1.5-1.75" for the JK. I have the 1.5" spacers on mine, but I've never had a stud break on one before(idk if you mean break off or get stripped), they are machined to be very strong. If one ever did break, I wouldn't try to replace to stud alone, I would just be safe and get a completely new spacer.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

I was just rushing to get the lug nuts on in the rain and it was on a slight angle and stripped it. I punched it out and brought it to the auto parts store but they could not match it up.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

i just realized that by saying "size of the spacers" what I meant was size of the studs. Sorry for the confusion. Been a long day.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Spidertrax sells replacement studs...

8. Wheel Stud & Lug Nut Replacement

I'd talk to them directly... Support ... I am certain you aren't the first person to strip a stud on these spacers.
Old 08-15-2012, 05:57 PM
JK Freak

I use to rethread messed up wheel studs all the time. When customers would cross thread their lugs... if you ever seen a donut spare installed backwords? I.have its like.how did you not die? Lol

Quick Reply: Spidertrax wheel spacer question