Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spidertrax Spacer Loctite

Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soadxtr573
Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll still prob take it to a shop near work to have it done. I always loved working on my cars but I have a shoulder problem. The only pain I can justify inflicting on myself is from taking the top and doors off :P. Old man body at 24...
Make sure the shop is kosher with spacers. Most national chains will refuse the job.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pwain
Make sure the shop is kosher with spacers. Most national chains will refuse the job.
Just a heads up...Discount tire just mounted my tires with spacers. They are cool with bolted spacers now according to the manager.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mason2314

Just a heads up...Discount tire just mounted my tires with spacers. They are cool with bolted spacers now according to the manager.
Discount Tire here in Georgia won't touch them...unless something has changed in the last few months.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by tchaap

Discount Tire here in Georgia won't touch them...unless something has changed in the last few months.
Many don't want the liability.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Many don't want the liability.
Here in San Diego, they won't touch 'em either.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mason2314
I have two pretty good friends that work at Discount tire at different locations in Michigan...neither will touch them or rotate my tires even though I bought my Duratracs from them and my family has been buying tires from them for over 20 years.

I'm going to a little shop tomorrow that installed my exhaust for me in Lake Orion. The owner's wife has a heavily modded JK (forgot which company he sent it to) and he seemed pretty cool...hopefully he will remember me and take care of it. Otherwise I'll just ask my buddies to help me out.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just bought a set of used spacers. I picked up a tube of the blue loctite. Should be installed here soon
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MacBeJeepin
I just bought a set of used spacers. I picked up a tube of the blue loctite. Should be installed here soon
this is what i think i will be doing as well as far as going with blue, just need to wait for my new torque wrench
Old 02-28-2013, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hinrichs

this is what i think i will be doing as well as far as going with blue, just need to wait for my new torque wrench
Yep. I gotta go buy one too

Quick Reply: Spidertrax Spacer Loctite