Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Speedometer recalibration

Old 05-28-2019, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I swear I'm the only one Jscan doesn't work for. I chalk it up to my galaxy S6 active running android 7.1 combined with the fact that NOTHING on my jeep is as easy as it should be.
What adaptor are you using? I had to put mmy phone in airplane mode and manually turn on BT for the first time using. After that it did its handshake with the app and I have no problems
Old 05-28-2019, 06:38 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Originally Posted by BoredKender
What adaptor are you using? I had to put mmy phone in airplane mode and manually turn on BT for the first time using. After that it did its handshake with the app and I have no problems
I have a Vgate iCar2 BT adapter which looks like one of the supported dongles from Jscan's webpage. When I messed around with it, it looked like my phone connected, and it looked like i was able to change tire size and gear ratio; however, it put my jeep in limp mode, so it did not actually change those specs even though it was reflecting the new settings as current. I was also not able to get any of the live data. I have not messed around with this really since the initial try. My BullyDog tuner is a PITA, and it always feels risky to uninstall that and jack around again

This app seems to work well for everyone else though, so that's a nice option for many. idk if it's my phone, but trying to squeeze every bit of life out of my old S6 active. Maybe I'll get around to trying this one more time.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah looks like the same adaptor I am using (16 dollar Amazon). Not sure what to make of that one
Old 05-28-2019, 06:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by BoredKender
Yeah looks like the same adaptor I am using (16 dollar Amazon). Not sure what to make of that one
If I try it again, I'll try what you did....putting phone in airplane mode and manually turning on BT.
Old 05-28-2019, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

See im using an Iphone, so has to be something with how the android works
Old 05-28-2019, 03:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have a Vgate iCar2 BT adapter which looks like one of the supported dongles from Jscan's webpage. When I messed around with it, it looked like my phone connected, and it looked like i was able to change tire size and gear ratio; however, it put my jeep in limp mode, so it did not actually change those specs even though it was reflecting the new settings as current. I was also not able to get any of the live data. I have not messed around with this really since the initial try. My BullyDog tuner is a PITA, and it always feels risky to uninstall that and jack around again

This app seems to work well for everyone else though, so that's a nice option for many. idk if it's my phone, but trying to squeeze every bit of life out of my old S6 active. Maybe I'll get around to trying this one more time.
I don't know if this is related. When I got my Superchips Trail Dash 2 I adjusted the tire size but I also noticed the gear spec was wrong. So I changed the gear spec and it ran, but wouldn't shift up the gears. I talked to Superchips and they said do NOT change the gear spec, even though the number reads wrong, unless you have actually changed the gears. So I went back to stock, changed the tire size and everything was fine.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will this thing read airbag codes? My 2010 is throwing airbag codes and my fancy smancy superchip traildash 2 won't read the code so I can figure out what's wrong.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cross
New member, sorry if this post is in the wrong place, but have been around for a few months. I bought a 09 Unlimited Rubicon with 4inch lift and 35s.
Noticed the speedometer was off and began looking into recalibration and didn't want to spend a lot. Dealer wanted $50, and other options were over $100. Saw a video on YouTube using a Bluetooth obd reader and a phone app called obd Jscan that could do it and other things. Cost me 15 bucks for the license and tried it and it worked for my Jeep. I just wanted to share the information because I'm sure there are some other people that like to save money for other parts.
Having trouble with mine. It's still off by 4to5mph. I've got exact set up as you right down to the year jeep. I can't figure it out.
Old 08-15-2020, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam Vance
Having trouble with mine. It's still off by 4to5mph. I've got exact set up as you right down to the year jeep. I can't figure it out.
Only thing I can think of is to make sure you are using the actual measured tire height. I haven't had any problems but I know you can send a message to them on Facebook and they should be able to help.
Old 08-15-2020, 06:54 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Sam Vance
Measure from ground to center of hub, then double it for the actual tire size. Even then though, you may need to adjust that size via the program to dial the speedo in exactly. Compare vehicle speed vs. GPS and adjust the number. In the end, the tire size number you have to plug into the programmer is superficial.

Quick Reply: Speedometer recalibration