Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spark plugs

Old 04-10-2014, 04:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the Japanese brands. NGK or Denso. I wouldn't put a Champion in my weed whacker.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steel pirate
I like the Japanese brands. NGK or Denso. I wouldn't put a Champion in my weed whacker.
Yea I hear the same about champion from a lot of shops I go to. I drive truck and pick up old tires for recycling so I'm in a lot of auto shops and never heard much good about champion plugs.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 AM
JK Jedi Master
Veteran: Air ForceFJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by msilver
With the Bosch I had the same thing happening and idle was rough but with the new plugs its like new, I have about 5,000 on the NGK plugs and I'm very satified . didn't change wires but maybe that's a good idea.
At least in the '07 owners manual changing wires is a scheduled maintenance item. Wouldn't change before unless you're having a problem. Waste of money.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron

At least in the '07 owners manual changing wires is a scheduled maintenance item. Wouldn't change before unless you're having a problem. Waste of money.
I agree, I have a 07 and since new plugs its been perfect, I'll check my book and prob change wires at that time.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 09DARKORANGEJK
Yea I hear the same about champion from a lot of shops I go to. I drive truck and pick up old tires for recycling so I'm in a lot of auto shops and never heard much good about champion plugs.
Hmm. All the JKs I know are running very well on the OEM Champion plugs.
Lots of airplanes running very well on Champion plugs, too.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Hmm. All the JKs I know are running very well on the OEM Champion plugs. Lots of airplanes running very well on Champion plugs, too.
I don't think I've ever been apart of a thread on here where somebody can't help going to the snark zone. Obviously they work a spark is a spark but can it be better that's what I'm trying to figure out but thanks for snarking it up bud.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 172 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 09DARKORANGEJK
I don't think I've ever been apart of a thread on here where somebody can't help going to the snark zone. Obviously they work a spark is a spark but can it be better that's what I'm trying to figure out but thanks for snarking it up bud.
Glad I could contribute. It's always helpful to inject a little reality once in a while.

And you did write this in your first post:

"I`m also open to suggestions from people on what they run and have had success with."

Last edited by ronjenx; 04-10-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:54 AM
JK Newbie

Maybe your suggestion would come across better if you weren't such a D head about it
Old 04-10-2014, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for ruining a good conversation. People like you is why I don't like posting on here much anymore. Do it my my way or your stupid kinda person.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ronjenx
Glad I could contribute. It's always helpful to inject a little reality once in a while. And you did write this in your first post: "I`m also open to suggestions from people on what they run and have had success with."
Yea opinions not sarcasm

Quick Reply: Spark plugs