Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spark plugs

Old 04-09-2014, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spark plugs

The time has come for a good tune up and what spark plug works best with the motor. I have an 09 JK. in my 98 TJ i ran bosch platinum 4's and they worked great so im thinking of running them in my JK and wanted to see if anyone else is running them and like them or hate them. I`m also open to suggestions from people on what they run and have had success with.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most everything I've read shows the stock plugs are the best.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

I replaced my factory Bosch plugs with the NGK iridium and I'm very pleased with them.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by msilver
I replaced my factory Bosch plugs with the NGK iridium and I'm very pleased with them.
Did you notice any changes in using these plug like smoother idle any increase in economy?
Old 04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
JK Junkie

I run denso pk20tt plugs (if I remember the number correctly) and have done so for 50k miles without any ill effects. I didn't notice any difference from my first 50k miles on the stock plugs.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody running the Bosch platinum 4's?
Old 04-10-2014, 01:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 09DARKORANGEJK

Did you notice any changes in using these plug like smoother idle any increase in economy?
Yes I could notice a big change but the Bosch plugs had 80.000 miles on them and were pretty much shot. I run NGK in all of my rides these days, been a excellent plug in my opinion.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I could notice a big change but the Bosch plugs had 80.000 miles on them and were pretty much shot. I run NGK in all of my rides these days, been a excellent plug in my opinion.
Hey thanks for the info. I think I'm leaning towards the NGK now. I have 65,000 on the stock plugs and I'm noticing when starting out in first it's sluggish and I have to slip the clutch a little more which I've read other people experienced when there plugs were getting shitty so hopefully that will stop with the new plugs and wires. I also pulled the trigger on a set of granatelli wires after hearing a lot of positives about them from people.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:55 AM
JK Newbie

With the Bosch I had the same thing happening and idle was rough but with the new plugs its like new, I have about 5,000 on the NGK plugs and I'm very satified . didn't change wires but maybe that's a good idea.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

With the Bosch I had the same thing happening and idle was rough but with the new plugs its like new, I have about 5,000 on the NGK plugs and I'm very satified . didn't change wires but maybe that's a good idea.
Yea I've heard a lot of positives from people I know about the granatelli wires they are a few more bucks but well worth it from what I'm told. I'm going to do a write up on the job and my after thoughts of the plugs and wires so I can show my thoughts on the plugs and wires and weather it's worth it or not so we'll see.

Quick Reply: Spark plugs