Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

spare tire question?

Old 10-21-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spare tire question?

So im purchasing 265s not my ideal size but a great deal. Would a 255 be a sufficient spare? I originally wanted 285s n assume i would need a matching spare. But 265?????
Old 10-21-2011, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll be fine keeping your 255 as a spare, the difference won't be enough to notice all that much if you have to use it... A lot of cars nowadays don't even come with a full size spare like the JKs and they are fine.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recall reading somewhere on this forum that you want to keep your spare as close to the same size as your other 4 tires. The reason being is if you get a flat and you have to rotate it in the ESP/Traction Control might freak out because that 1 tire maybe making more revolutions than the other 3. So they ESP will think that tire is slipping and kick in.

Quick Reply: spare tire question?