Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

spare tire mount question

Old 05-16-2014, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12JKjeep
That seems like a very simple and effective solution for added weight. And the price is very reasonable. I may op for this when I get larger tires. Thanks. Saved in my jeep to buy list. That list is growing by the day. Thanks...
Old 05-22-2014, 02:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default These are the worst

I bought the Daystar spare bumpstop, and these are terrible. They are too spongy to really give much support and they don't fit. i tried to squeeze ("screw") the inserts into the hole and it did not fit. I got it halfway in guiding the worthless screw shape tip by pushing it in with a screw driver. I scratched the body a bit from slipping, and now i have half installed bumpstops . you can't tell because the bumpstop is so spongy that it pressed against the door, making it look like it's flushed to the door. I cannot recommend these. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other alternative options, besides DIY.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Daystar-spare-bumpstop.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	554867

Quick Reply: spare tire mount question