Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spare Tire Cover Help!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare Tire Cover Help!

I have a 295/70/R17 Terra Grappler (basically a 33") that I want to get a cover for. I'm guessing a 33" cover would be best but would a 35" cover work? I might be upgrading before too long....
Old 03-25-2012, 07:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

it'd be big and look like it but, i don't see why not. of course, i don't think i've ever run a spare tire cover before so, i can't say for sure.
Old 03-25-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Personally I think tire covers tend to be a waste. A lot of them tend to be made of materials that don't breathe well which in turn means that if you don't rotate your tires often (5 tire rotation) that the cover will allow mildew to build up and in turn dry rot your tire prematurely. A lot of the older CRVs had them and I can't tell you how many times people have had a flat, put the spare on and had it blow out due to mildew and dry rot from the cover being on it for a few years straight.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Why cover up the beautiful piece of rubber your rig is sporting! It's like a signature.... The only people I've noticed with a cover were those who didn't buy a 5th wheel and tire and are trying to cover it up
Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 PM
JK Freak

I've seen several places on the Internet which will custom make the size for you. You just need to give them your tire size. If you're going to get a cover I would get security grommets and a lock to maybe slow down the casual thief else they may disappear quickly. Won't stop them if they are determined.

Quick Reply: Spare Tire Cover Help!