Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: What best describes your spare tire situation.
Had a spare, and needed it.
48.89%
Had a spare, never needed it.
51.11%
No spare, and needed one.
0%
No spare, and never needed one.
0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Spare tire...

Old 07-22-2014, 07:21 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

depends where i wheel. In my home area i damn near live on the trail and so do a good 10 people i know. We almost always wheel in groups and not a concern. But if im going any where out of town I will have a spare, i plan to make a tire carrier that is completely removable for my spare.

Last edited by Maertz; 07-22-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JE8154
I've been debating ditching my spare tire before I catch it on a rock and peel my tire carrier off the back of my jeep. So here's my question... How many of you have actually needed a spare tire while wheeling? If so what wheel and tire combination were you running, and what was the situation that you were in? i.e broke a bead, cut a side wall etc.
you can take it off and still mount it in the back of your jeep! heck you can let it just lay in the back as far as that goes. lots of folks do this on the forum here, and generally replace the tire mount above the bumper with fuel cans.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mountain Man Tim
you can take it off and still mount it in the back of your jeep! heck you can let it just lay in the back as far as that goes. lots of folks do this on the forum here, and generally replace the tire mount above the bumper with fuel cans.
This is what I'm going to be doing, laying the spare in the back and folding down the rear seat, until I come up with a more permanent solution.

Quick Reply: Spare tire...