Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spare 35" on rear door setup advice needed! Thanks!

Old 10-01-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spare 35" on rear door setup advice needed! Thanks!

I had my spare 35x12.5 wheel on my back door earlier in the year and i decided to take it off cause it was making some unhealthy noises. The problem is i have a good bit of money in my spare wheel setup and i would like to keep it back there without spending a ton of money on bumpers/tire carrier ( just bought a house, money is tight currently). I had a spacer from rough country on the stock tire carrier which moved it farther away from the door which probobly made it worse.

Any one have any advice on how to carry a spare 35 on the back in a more solid manner? Let me know what you think

thanks!
Old 10-01-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nautique210
I had my spare 35x12.5 wheel on my back door earlier in the year and i decided to take it off cause it was making some unhealthy noises. The problem is i have a good bit of money in my spare wheel setup and i would like to keep it back there without spending a ton of money on bumpers/tire carrier ( just bought a house, money is tight currently). I had a spacer from rough country on the stock tire carrier which moved it farther away from the door which probobly made it worse.

Any one have any advice on how to carry a spare 35 on the back in a more solid manner? Let me know what you think

thanks!
Teraflex website....

or
http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-1907220 $33.

Last edited by RKracing; 10-01-2011 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My door welds started coming apart when I had my 35" on it. I had to re weld so it would stop squeaking. I eventually got a carrier. Good luck man.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

With my procomp rim it actually sits on the bumper when the tailgate is closed.
Old 10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Serg5000
My door welds started coming apart when I had my 35" on it. I had to re weld so it would stop squeaking. I eventually got a carrier. Good luck man.
I think if you get those longer vibration dampners from daystar, that may help.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by genesbro
With my procomp rim it actually sits on the bumper when the tailgate is closed.
Same as me.

IF my spare were aired up to 35-40 pounds it would not fit; however, with only 10 pounds of air it closes and rests on the rear bumper just fine. No movement at all. I have an onboard air compressor in the Jeep so I don't mind the spare not being aired all the way up.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Serg5000
I think if you get those longer vibration dampners from daystar, that may help.
They help it make less noise in my case and for about $20 its worth a shot. Other than that a true solution is the or-fab for about $500 or the rancho rear bumper for about $500.

Quick Reply: Spare 35" on rear door setup advice needed! Thanks!