Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spacers safe or not...post best argument here!

Old 10-12-2010, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also heard Rugged Ridge has durable spacers, but cost a bit more than spydertax..dont know why.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:04 AM
mjm
JK Enthusiast

Maybe try this: http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...top-adjustment

I did this fix and it works great, cost less than a $1.00. I'm running 285/70/17 BFG KM2's on a stock 2010 Rubicon. No more rubbing. I have not tested this off-road yet, but on-road it works perfect. It's a cheap and safe fix that will buy you some time and keep your tires from getting chewed up. BTW... I did not notice any difference in my turning radius. This will take all of 5 minutes and if you don't like it will you be out the price of a candybar.

FYI. You do not need to take the wheels off for this fix.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone for your input...now that I've seen those mamba mr-1's I might go that route...but I think I'll try adjusting the steering stops first, as someone mentioned if I don't like the result I can change it and I'm out only some washers. Not sure how this would hold up off road though, plus I just discovered yesterday that I can barely get the tip of my pinky in between the rear tires and the frame of the jeep, seems far to close there?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take your wheels back and get different ones. They told you they'd work and they obviously aren't. Is that an option? I would like to think so, after all they are at fault. That's what I would do if I wasn't able to get some spacers for whatever that reason would be.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Spacers safe or not...post best argument here!