Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

spacers??

Old 10-24-2013, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow LindasJeep

i would just get the wheels you need with the offset you need, i have imcompatable wheels with spacers, had to take them off, they also weighed alot which put more stress on everything, got the wheels i was supposed to have, took spacers off (which i didnt even know i had ?) the guys that did the lift didnt tell all the 'bad' things that was going to happen to my jeep. oh well ive been learning alot, if you read my other comments. anyways just look into everything before you do anything. now i wish i would have just left the jeep totally stock! bigger tires mean less mpg. good luck.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

There is nothing wrong with running spacers. Get Spidertrax. I ran them for well over a year and beat the piss out of them.

Make sure you use some locktight on the spacer to hub side and re-check them after 500 miles as they are aluminum.

The effect of WS is the same as running a aftermarket wheel with the correct backspacing. The only worry some people have is them coming off, but with proper torque, locktight and periodic checking they are perfectly safe and effective.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3299237565.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	507776

35/12.50/18 nitto trail grapplers on stock 18 wheels with 1.5" spacers... 3" bds suspendion lift, rc 1.5" body lift been runnin this setup over 2 yrs now... Not 1 problem yet...

Quick Reply: spacers??