Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Spacer lift

Old 06-30-2014, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacer lift

Hey guys I am brand new to the Jeep world, I have always been into go fast toys. I want a 2.5 inch lift but dont have the funds right now. I have a 14 JKU Sahara. I was wondering what the thoughts are on a 2.5 spacer lift, and what else is needed to run that set up.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a 2.5" teraflex budget boost with shock extensions. I run it with the teraflex exhaust spacers so the driveshaft won't hit the exhaust crossover pipe at full droop when off road.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Oh and congrats on the new jeep. Welcome to the forum and a new lifestyle.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

I had 2.5" coil spacer for few months and upgrade to AEV 2.5" dual sport. I had to do the same job twice. If I were you I would go straight to suspension and done with it.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The Rock Krawler leveling kit will get you about 2" in the front and 1" in the rear. Comes with sway bar links for $200. Nothing else needed.

If you go with something like a Teraflex spacer lift, you'll get extended sway links for the rear and reuse the rear links in the front. I know lots of people that run with this lift.

If you don't wheel very much or are not aggressive, either of these will be fine. When you start crawling on big rocks, you'll want more.

I currently only have a RK budget boost installed and wheel on rocks (although nothing huge) with no problems. If you can't afford a full suspension lift, but REALLY want a lift, these will work.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The teraflex leveling kit has new links for the front not the rear. and its an awesome setup....its what I use and I love it. 33's fit perfect and gives a nice look for the money.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kojack
The teraflex leveling kit has new links for the front not the rear. and its an awesome setup....its what I use and I love it. 33's fit perfect and gives a nice look for the money.
I was referring to the Teraflex spacer lift, not the leveling kit. I was presenting two options, not just two brands.

Teraflex Jk Wrangler 2.5" Performance Budget Boost
Old 07-01-2014, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rancho 2" sport. Comes with front springs, rear spacers, rear brake line relocation brackets, and RS9000 shocks. Basically, you are buying shocks and getting the lift for free. I didn't like the idea of spacers in the back, but i've had zero issue at FULL flex. 400 bucks with mail in rebate. 3 hour install with a buddy and a few beers. Faster with out the beers.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

TF spacer level kit here. 2" on the front and 1" out back. Very happy with the product, the look and stance with 33s and RR wheels.

No rock crawling for me, light trails and DD. Can't beat the price point, and straight forward install.

Will upgrade to a BB 2.5 or coil lift in the future, for now this fits my needs.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:58 AM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by El_Jeepster
Hey guys I am brand new to the Jeep world, I have always been into go fast toys. I want a 2.5 inch lift but dont have the funds right now. I have a 14 JKU Sahara. I was wondering what the thoughts are on a 2.5 spacer lift, and what else is needed to run that set up.
What size tires are you planning on with the 2.5" spacer lift?

Quick Reply: Spacer lift