Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

spacer in front

Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spacer in front

ordering lift wheels and tires within the next week, finally!! i was going to put on a 1/2" or 3/4" spacer up front with my 2.5" teraflex spring lift with shocks.

2-door jk x (will have 17x8 wheels and 33" tires)

what are your suggestions on size of spacer?

what brand spacer should i use and where should i buy them?

thanks

jtr
Old 01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by thejtr
ordering lift wheels and tires within the next week, finally!! i was going to put on a 1/2" or 3/4" spacer up front with my 2.5" teraflex spring lift with shocks.

2-door jk x (will have 17x8 wheels and 33" tires)

what are your suggestions on size of spacer?

what brand spacer should i use and where should i buy them?

thanks

jtr
I have the same setup and went with 3/4" Skyjacker spacer on top of the 2.5" TF coils to compensate for the weight of the aftermarket bumper and winch.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_1002.htm

Old 01-23-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Junkie

also - keep in mind since you bought the TF shocks, you'll be installing the 1/2" spacer/spring guide in the rear to keep your coils in tact during extension so I would go with the bigger front spacer to offset that additional lift in the rear.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Do you have pictures of your jeep?

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
I have the same setup and went with 3/4" Skyjacker spacer on top of the 2.5" TF coils to compensate for the weight of the aftermarket bumper and winch.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_1002.htm

Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 AM
JK Junkie

Do you have pictures of your jeep?

In my gallery ...

(keep in mind I have only the 3/4" front spacer installed, I did not use the 1/2" rear TeraFlex spacer since I replaced the rear TF 9550 shocks and don't have a need for the 1.2" spring/guide spacer.)
Old 01-23-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

wow, you lost me. lol

i will need to use all the things you didn't use, correct?

In my gallery ...

(keep in mind I have only the 3/4" front spacer installed, I did not use the 1/2" rear TeraFlex spacer since I replaced the rear TF 9550 shocks and don't have a need for the 1.2" spring/guide spacer.)
Old 01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

wow, you lost me. lol

i will need to use all the things you didn't use, correct?
Sorry...let me try to clarify. In your kit you will get two rear 1/2" coil spacers that should be used if you got the optional TeraFlex 9550 shocks. Since you are installing the 9550 shocks you WILL NEED to install those rear spacers or else you will have this problem under full extension. Long story short...those 9550 shocks work for up to 4" of lift and they are long enough to allow you rear coils to fall out with the 2.5" coils.

That being said if you don't want to have front end rake with this coil kit especially if you plan on adding weight to your front end (bumper/winch) then you could go ahead and install front spacers as well that I mentioned in the earlier post. If you do I would go at least 3/4" if you add a bumper/winch.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 AM
JK Newbie

Wow, what extended help; I really appreciate that. I did order from David at Northridge and I ordered the TF 2.5" coil lift with shocks. I didn't, nor did he, which shocks I would be getting. I assume they are the 9550's. I'm having my lift guy put this on and I'll make sure and send him this post. i also got the 3/4" front spacers as well. Is there anything else besides the lift ordered and the front spacers that you found you will need at the time of install?

Thank you a bunch. I'll post pics when finished.

JTR

Sorry...let me try to clarify. In your kit you will get two rear 1/2" coil spacers that should be used if you got the optional TeraFlex 9550 shocks. Since you are installing the 9550 shocks you WILL NEED to install those rear spacers or else you will have this problem under full extension. Long story short...those 9550 shocks work for up to 4" of lift and they are long enough to allow you rear coils to fall out with the 2.5" coils.

That being said if you don't want to have front end rake with this coil kit especially if you plan on adding weight to your front end (bumper/winch) then you could go ahead and install front spacers as well that I mentioned in the earlier post. If you do I would go at least 3/4" if you add a bumper/winch.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:34 AM
JK Junkie

Wow, what extended help; I really appreciate that. I did order from David at Northridge and I ordered the TF 2.5" coil lift with shocks. I didn't, nor did he, which shocks I would be getting. I assume they are the 9550's. I'm having my lift guy put this on and I'll make sure and send him this post. i also got the 3/4" front spacers as well. Is there anything else besides the lift ordered and the front spacers that you found you will need at the time of install?

Thank you a bunch. I'll post pics when finished.

JTR
I'm not sure which tires/wheels you'll be running (stock or aftermarket) but there is some wording in the TF install instructions about the potential for the rear tire rubbing the sway bar under full extension due to the increased travel of the suspension. 1.5" wheels spacers or aftermarket wheels fix this problem. Again....this is only under full extension...on the road they will be fine. Aside from that you'll probably hear different opinions on whether or not you'll need a front adjustable track bar to re-center your front axle...I opted to install one but after the lift went on.

Aside from that...enjoy your lift and post pics

Last edited by HG07JKRubi; 01-26-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Quick Reply: spacer in front