Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Something to protect painted edge of window frame

Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Something to protect painted edge of window frame

I did some searching with minimal luck. I went in the woods last weekend and in order to protect the paint around the window frame (especially on the sides) from branches, i used painters tape. Though this worked, it looked funny and is a paint to do each time. Is there any protector plates or something like that to cover that area. I just found poison spiders http://shop.poisonspyder.com/JK-Ligh.../45-28-r50.htm light mount which is prettymuch exactly what I was looking for except I cant afford the led lights and the mounts will likely get in the way of the snorkel I'm looking for. I am planning to hit up PS and see if they can sell one sans the brakets but if there is something already made that would be idea. Thank so much for helping a noob!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Search for limb risers on here. There are a couple of home brew write=ups, relatively inexpensive.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Unfortunately those would not help as much down here. In FL the main issue comes from palm fronds and other low "bush" style plants beside the trail as opposed to below. Though they may help a little, I do not see them being as affective down here. Note these would also damage the doors but I take them off before heading out. I am also investing in the PS B-pillar cover for the same issue.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hombredelassrtas
Unfortunately those would not help as much down here. In FL the main issue comes from palm fronds and other low "bush" style plants beside the trail as opposed to below. Though they may help a little, I do not see them being as affective down here. Note these would also damage the doors but I take them off before heading out. I am also investing in the PS B-pillar cover for the same issue.
Have you considered 3M Clear Bra? You can buy it on ebay in all sizes for not too much money. It is fairly easy to apply, especially in small areas. Compound curves can be tricky, but the area around the window should not be too bad. ANd you can always peel it off.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a bad idea. I was really looking for some form of armor to go with the P.S. parts but for temp i may look into cutting strips of the clear bra.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can't remember the manufacturer, but they just posted a thread last week showing off their new LED light bar mounting bracket. It would protect exactly where you want. I'm sure a bit of searching around the forum - or another ambitious member - could locate the thread for you.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Found it....

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...LED-Light-Bars
Old 10-27-2011, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol thanks but that is the same item I linked in the first thread. Looking for something like that without the light mount and without cutting that off.

Quick Reply: Something to protect painted edge of window frame